Steps to Build your Villa or Home
Steps to Build your Villa in Bali Indonesia, you will learn here the procedure of construction of your future home.
First select a land
Step 1: Find the suitable land.
- If your home project is already fully defined, pay attention to build your house / villa in the right location.
- If you already bought your land plot before, you will have to adapt your building project to the constraints of the land (soil composition, orientation ...).
- Finding the Location
- Select a desirable place for your house.
- Select the property on which you are going to build and purchase it
- Have the property surveyed and the footprint of the house located
- Consider access issues
First meeting with your contractor
Step 2: The first meeting.
- Whether by the advice of a friend, the sight of panels on our building sites, a search from a directory or even from our website, we 're ready any time to meet you and discuss about your project.
- The first meeting will be the opportunity for us to know about your project and your budget to be able to develop a first draft of your request together.
- We invite you to fill the form in the Contact section to give us the maximum information even before our first meeting.
- Designing Your Home
- Design your own home with us and consult our architect
- Design the living spaces
- Design the utility areas with an eye toward function
- Place windows with the maximum energy efficiency in mind
- Prepare to tackle water drainage issues with the proper design
Organize the building permit (IMB)
Step 3: The building permit
- The building permit can be achieved once we and the design office have succeeded to harmonize ideas and budget.
- The building permit filed within three months minimum is required to confront this project in view of the Indonesian Administrations.
- When we will apply your building permit, we will get a receipt with your building permit number that can also be useful to finalize your financing plan.
- Getting the Necessary Permits
- Secure a construction loan
- Get construction insurance
- Secure the proper construction permits
- Prepare an Estimated Cost Breakdown
Start the building construction
Step 4: Start of the construction
- Our team will carry out the implementation of the work to avoid any errors which could lead to heavy complication thereafter. After the cast foundations will be dried, the foundation can be laid.
- Earthworks correspond to the first phase of work for the building structure.
- These include all the handwork and work that will modify temporarily or permanently the shape of the land.
- Breaking Ground
- Lay the foundation
- Pour the concrete foundation on which to build
- Set up building lines
Setting out the roof and insulation
Step 5: The setting out of water and out of air
- Stage of completion corresponding to the protection of the site and that is to make the building waterproof and weather-sealed to the winds: in other words, it is at this stage that the roof establishment and installed doors and windows.
- The elevation of masonry had been monitored at critical points, the frame and the cover being made.
- Building the Walls and Roof
- Frame the walls of your house
- Plumb the walls and brace them securely
- Lay out the marks for setting your roof trusses.
- Set each truss in the correct location
- Nail a sub-facia board to connect the ends of each rafter
- Install roofing felt for use as a moisture barrier
- Install the exterior siding and exterior features such as windows and doors
- Install your final roof
Make the finishes
Step 6: The Choice of Finishes
- The second stage of construction, less spectacular, defined as the "second work" consists of the inner construction of the villa / house.
- Positioning walls, choice of interior doors and sanitary, choice of flooring must be analyzed point by point to not make any mistakes in decorating that would penalize the quality of life for many years.
- Starting on the Interior
- Install pipes for potable water, waste drains, and drain vents in walls
- Install HVAC (air conditioning and heat) ductwork, air handlers, and refrigerant piping
- Rough-in electrical outlets
- Install insulation
- Install your ceilings
Installation of the essentials
Step 7: Installing the Essentials
- Installation of the minimum furniture, kitchen set, bathroom set, painting...
- Install plumbing fixtures as necessary
- Install the wall board or paneling on interior walls
- Place wall trim
- Caulk, paint, and install wall coverings on any walls that require it
- Install cabinets and other mill work
- Install flooring
- Install appliances and have the utilities turned on
Get your home key
Step 8: Delivery of the keys
- This is the end of the project of construction, you will be now able to organize the final design with installation of your furniture and decoration.
- This is the acceptance by the client, assisted or not by the architect of the project.
- The receipt date marks the end of construction insurance and the departure of the completion guarantee for a year.
For more detail about the steps to build your villa or home in Bali, please contact us here.
Buy the land first
First meeting with the contractor
Organize the building permit
Start the contruction
Setting out the roof
Install the furniture
Receive the keys of your new home
For more information about the steps to build your villa, contact us here.